The following are healthy choices:
- Sugar – granulated, confectioner’s, or brown
- Cane sugar crystals
- Turbinado and various raw sugars
- Honey, Molasses, Pure maple syrup
- Rice syrup and similar syrups
- Stevia (an herbal no-calorie sweetener found in the supplements section of your supermarket or a health food store)
Acceptable, but don’t overdo
When a sugar name ends in “ol” that means it is an alcohol sugar. Too much has a laxative effect.
Do not use
- Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal)
- Saccharin (Sweet ‘N Low),
- Sucralose (Splenda)
- Remove all sugar-free products with aspartame from your diet.
- Learn to 'read' your body. Begin recording any health changes.
- Get a hair analysis.
- Be happy with yourself.
- Restore depleted nutrients.
- Exercise and get plenty of rest.
- Eat 75% raw foods at every meal.
- Drink water, water, water.
- Get control of your life.
Aspartame: What you don't know can hurt you
FDA Should Reconsider Aspartame Cancer Risk, Say Experts
I know this was a lot of copy, paste, and links but I thought it was more important for you to read and form your own opinion than for me to try to summarize it and form my own opinion. I implore you to read both this and my Aspartame Part 1: Defense posts and see what you think. Feel free to leave your comments below.