Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Last Chance Workout


The Biggest Loser contestants get a Last Chance Workout before they weigh in for the week. My last 16 days of the Waist Watchers Contest is my Last Chance Workout.

I had to take some time off from exercising and blogging but am back and ready to get this contest over with and get these last 10 pounds off. I was shocked to get on the scale Sunday and see that I was still at 120.6. Somehow I was able to maintain my weight even though I wasn't sticking to my meal plan or exercising. I'm not going to take advantage of major miracle.

It's only 9:00 in the morning and I've already done my first workout. I did the Quick Workout from the Core Rhythms DVD set. It's 20 minutes but I did it holding on to one pound weights. My arms are already sore from tackling the bushes and pepper tree in front of my house yesterday plus the 30 push-ups I did last night. I'm sweating, my heart rate is up and I'm eating a healthy banana (which I just realized is NOT on my meal plan, whoops!).

It's definitely crunch time and I need some major support. Comment me, email me, text me (those of you who have my number and no I'm NOT giving it out to the world, LOL). Make sure I'm not sneaking in foods that aren't on my meal plan. Ask if I've done my morning, afternoon, or evening workout. I've been unable to get to the gym because Hubby has been out of town a lot so I'm on my own at home.

Unlike Laura on TBL, I don't have a hip fracture and I don't have knee or health problems like Ron so I have no excuses to not do my three 30 minute cardios… PLUS! strength training every other day. I do have arthritis in my knees from dancing the first half of my life but I'm going to live on Motrin the next two weeks and follow my awesome trainer’s advice "Suck it up!" I hate that I haven't been able to train with Douglas in a long time but will never forget the giant kick in the ass he gave me in the beginning. I have not allowed Slacker Fattie back in my life for a few weeks and I'm hoping that means the Skinny Bitch is here to stay. I don't ever want to look like I did back in the beginning. And speaking of beginnings, I'm kicking it old school, as Kelly would say, and posting my Sexy Meal Plan again so you can see what I had to do to lose the first 20 pounds and what I MUST do to lose the last 10 pounds:

The Sexy Meal Plan (formerly The Dreaded Meal Plan)
Group A- Proteins
egg whites (2), 4 oz hormone free turkey breast, 4 oz wild caught white fish, 1 medium free-range chicken breast, 4oz hormone free round steak, 1/2 can wild caught tuna, 1/2 scoop natural whey isolate protein powder, 4 oz hormone free London broil, 4 oz hormone free lean ground beef (4%), 4 oz ostrich (where the hell am I supposed to find ostrich?)
Group B- Complex Carbs (organic)
plain old-fashioned oatmeal 1/2 c cooked, 1/2 large sweet potato, 1/2 c cooked brown rice, 1/2 c cooked white rice (post workout only)
Group c- Simple Carbs (organic)
1/2 serving size
small apple, strawberries, black berries, blueberries, cherries, cantaloupe, oranges, raspberries
Group D- fibrous Carbs (organic)
serving size 1 cup
asparagus, brussels sprouts, cabbage, celery, squash, mushroom, peppers, okra, onions, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, collards, zucchini, wheat grass


Meal 1 choose 1 each from group A,B,C
Meal 2 group A
Meal 3 groups A,B,D
Meal 4 group A
Meal five groups A,D
Meal 6 group A

Total Caloric intake-
Protein-250
Carbs-500
Fat- 90
Total-840


We'll see what happens in the last days of this contest!

Slacker Fattie Tip- I've said this before, life gets in the way. When you get things back on track you have two choices: 1. Go back to eating like crap and sitting on your ass getting fat again and probably fatter than you were to begin with or, 2. Go back to eating healthy and getting some form of exercise at least three times a week.

Sexy Meal Plan Tip- Over the past few months, I've modified my meal plan by allowing myself 1 Tbsp of a low calorie dressing so I would eat salads again. In my opinion, it's ok to allow small modifications every now and then. Just don't go overboard and add a cup of melted cheese to your grilled or steamed veggies ( because I definitely have NOT done that even once in the last few months).

No comments:

Post a Comment