Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bras



Nope, that's not a type-o. And this post has not been sent to my editor. This is what I like to call a "tub post." That means it was written while I was relaxing in my garden tub full of bubbles. This is supposed to be my "me" time but sometimes blogging creeps into my head. Anyway, so I was reading my latest Harlequin Romance book and in an ADD moment I glanced up and spotted my hot pink Victoria Secret's bra (I can see my BFF's nose scrunched up right not- she hates pink as much as I love it). It got me to thinking that none of my bras fit right. Well, except for the nursing bra that I only wear when the others are in Never Never Land (aka the laundry). Oh, and BTW, Maisie hasn't nursed since she was 5 months old and she just turned three. I don't know why I keep the ratty old piece of crap.

So, bra fitting. Being 36 I should know how a bra should fit but either I don't or none of mine just happen to not to. It may have something to do with having them enlarged a couple (or more) cup sizes after Little Cats A,B, and C. According to Victoria Secret's I'm a 32 DD. Ummm, yeah, that's natural. So my question is, are they supposed to actually fit under your boobs? If so then I am soooo in need of some new ones. None fit under but on. Like they're just kind of holding my boobs in place but not up where they once were. I guess that's a question for the bra experts at VS.
I'd love to go a few rounds with the creator of the bra.

Not having done research as this is one of those posts coming completely from whatever is ping ponging around in my head, I've no doubt that it was a man. For thousands of years women were free to let their boobs hang wherever. Then some genius (NOT) comes up with this amazing (NOT) contraption that puts them back up where apparently they thought they belonged (NOT). Being a SAHM I have the freedom of wearing one when I want to which, yes, is when I go out in public. So poo on you little man who thought it was a good idea to create some complicated, stifling, uncomfortable, constraining contraption to push boobs up where they are NOT naturally located. Guess what? Lots of men like them free. Anyone remember the bra burning days of the 60's? Well, technically I don't since I wasn't born until 1973 but I've been educated in this femenist movement.

So, what's my point? I guess I don't really have one. Welcome to the mind of an adult with ADD. If you have advice on where a bra is supposed to properly fit, I'd appreciate it as sometime in the future I guess I'll actually go get one that fits for support instead of holding them in place. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my time as a SAHM and only wear one when absolutely necessary. If you are a decendent of said bra maker...stay out of my way. I can't be held responsible for my actions if I meet you on a dark street corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment