Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Laugh people, laugh


After reading some pretty heated discussions on a site that I belong to, I started making little funny remarks trying to get people to lighten up and laugh. Mostly I was toting, "Private pay! Private pay!" since one of them was about healthcare reform and we choose not to have insurance. I got some great reactions out of doing it and loved how people did what they needed to do- laugh.

Whenever something funny happens in my life I write it down. When I gather enough of them to share I do just that – share. Since everyone has different types of humor some of these will be hilarious and some will leave you listening to the crickets in your head. Just remember that the point of me sharing is to get you to take a step out of your hectic life for a moment. Relax, laugh, giggle, chuckle, snort, howl, roar, snicker, chortle, crack up, die laughing (not really), snigger, heehaw, teehee, or twitter (betcha didn't know that was a synonym for giggle didya?). At least attempt a grin, okay?

The other day, my three year old daughter Maisie, walked up to me and asked, "Mommy, will you put my snake in my pocket?"

On her birthday, Maisie got two Tinkerbell dresses complete with wings. She put the pink one on, ran around, and then stood in the middle of the floor with her bottom lip poked out. "What's wrong?" I asked her. "I put my fairy dress on but I still can't fly." (Daddy came to the rescue and helped her fly)

After I finish this I'm cleaning the playroom. I can guarantee I'll hear the two of the following phrases: "Hey! I've been looking everywhere for that" and "Mommmyyyyyy, I was playing with that!" Hmm, really? Because it's sat untouched for the last six days.

On Maisie's birthday in June my mother-in-law brought something for my son, Carson. He looked at it and said, "That's intriguing." He's only five.

Carson stood at the door yesterday watching me put chlorine in their little pool. When I came inside he asked, "Mommy, why did you put sugar in the pool?"

Last night Reyna was on Webkinz answering questions for a game. "Where was paper invented?" she asked out loud. Carson replied, "In the paper shop."

And here is mine and Hubby's favorite of the week:

I had just put Maisie to sleep and was relaxing in the tub. Carson was in the playroom talking VERY loudly to Reyna so Hubby went in to quiet him down. Hubby told Carson, "You need to use your quiet voice." Carson answered back, "I can't find my quiet voice." That kid continues to amaze me.

My new favorite blog is Welcome to the Quote Garden which I found by simply Googling "laughter quotes and sayings":

I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose. ~Woody Allen

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. ~
Jean Houston

Even if there is nothing to laugh about, laugh on credit. ~Author Unknown


Mirth is God's medicine. Everybody ought to bathe in it. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis. ~Jack Handey, "Deep Thoughts,"
Saturday Night Live

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. ~e.e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment