Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin (errr, pizza) Eater

Friday the 13th. Every superstitious person's nightmare. And because she was born on the 13th, every once in a while it's also Reyna's birthday. She hated it until I told her 13 is my lucky number and billions of people consider Friday their favorite day. I'd been looking forward to Friday because it was my first training session with Douglas. I'd also been dreading Friday because 5 giggling 11, 12, and 13 year old girls were coming over. All night. Until Saturday morning.

The first thing Douglas said to me was "I heard you cheated." Brittney ratted me out! I ate spaghetti and meatballs before going to her Boot Camp. If I hadn't, my friends and family would have been planning my funeral since Douglas started me on the Dreaded Meal Plan that afternoon, and the only thing I had on my list was one egg white. He looked over my food/activity journal and I got a "C." Well, it was better than the "F" I got the first time. I got in trouble for salad dressing, orange juice and chocolate chip cookies. Later, I added up my calories without my little cheats. 299. Um, I don't think 299 calories is enough to live off of. I know, I'm supposed to eat the foods on my plan but I hadn’t been to the store yet so cookies and OJ just had to do.

After being praised for my egg whites (I don't think I'll ever eat eggs again after these contests), plain grilled meats and plain steamed veggies we went upstairs to stretch and do core exercises. I realized I have a balance issue and really need to take my ADD meds before my next training session. Having to remember to keep my abs in, ass squeezed and body balanced was just too much for my little wandering mind to remember. It's a good thing Douglas knows how to count because that would have pushed me over the edge! Next I was sent to the stair climber. The longer I climbed, the higher my heart rate went. Douglas kept watching it saying, "Wow, that's really high." As long as I stayed under 200, 911 didn't need to be called. After 5 minutes I moved to the ellipticals. I've only been on this contraption once and that was 5 years ago. It wasn't a pleasant experience. This time I was stuck between two people who were obviously fond of this device and were really moving. Me? I tried to keep up with them but after 30 seconds I slowed to a crawl for the remaining 4 minutes and 30 seconds. On to the bike! Apparently, you can move the seat forward and backward which I didn't discover until I was almost finished. I'm sure those around me got a good laugh watching me pedal my short little legs with my butt positioned at the very edge of the seat. After 5 minutes, I put my rubber legs on solid, non-moving ground and headed for The Bus.

Slumber party time!

One by one, little giggling girls invaded my clean home (which was only clean to make me appear to be a good mom). I did all that work and not one parent came in the house! They did all RSVP, however, restoring my faith in humanity. About an hour later I ordered Pizza Hut's new Natural pizza, a thin crust, a double order of cheese breadsticks, 2 Dr. Pepper's, a Pepsi and a Diet Pepsi (for the little girl with diabetes). I tried, I really did. But not only is pizza my favorite food, Pizza Hut is my favorite pizza place. I ate one, ONE slice of the Natural cheese which turned out to be only 92 calories. I watched Diabetes Girl scarf down slice after slice after slice. I was glad my family was on its way to eating healthier, well, after the party.

I spent the next several hours saying "Shhhhh" "Keep it down" and viewing text pictures from my friends, Kris and Beth who were out having drinks and fun. So not cool but I love them anyways. In 2 1/2 months, they're going to look fat next to my skinny, healthy hot body! Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment