Friday, February 20, 2009

Dreaded Meal Plan meets Fish Camp

I hit a plateau. This sucks. I've been stuck at 129.6 for 4 days now. Something has to change. The little kids are just going to have to scream when I turn their cartoons off and turn my exercise stuff on. That's my main reason for not getting in my 3 cardios. My exercise stuff is on their TV. They are the only ones with a VCR (yes, I still have my Crunch Fitness Tae Bo Billy Blanks tape from 10 years ago) and the playroom is the main room we are always in, so I record my FitTV stuff on their DVR.

I finally managed to get in 30 minutes of Tae Bo AND, dunt du na na....... two 30 minute walk/jog cardios! Yes, in one day!

This turned out to be the perfect day to finally get in all 3 cardios. My nephew planned a surprise 25th anniversary party for my sister-in-law, and her husband. It was out at a fish camp which means fattening fried foods. My plan was to stick to the fruits and veggies my mother-in-law was bringing but it wasn't out yet when we got there. Soooooo, I had 1/2 of a mozzarella stick and 2 gator bites. This was out of necessity as I was starving for the first time since I started The Dreaded Meal Plan.


I'm hypoglycemic and if I don't eat regularly I get cold sweats, I shake and just get a feeling that you don't know unless you've had an "episode." I forgot I had it since it's been over 2 years since I've had an episode. I felt it coming on while Hubby and the kids were waiting for their artery clogging snacks of gator bites, French fries, mozzarella sticks, and hush puppies. No, deep fried food is not the best option but I didn't see chocolate or orange juice anywhere.

Aside from that, I stuck to the veggies and a little bit of fruit until Kelly, aka The Food Nazi, as my sister-in-law dubbed her, caught me eating ONE meatball as I was helping cover the food at the end of the night.
Both of my sisters-in-law told me how proud they were of me for doing so well on my diet. They were however both very shocked at my Thing 1 and Thing 2 pictures. They are used to the "after" pictures I'm so anxiously awaiting to post in May. In the 16 years that they've known me, they've never seen me weigh as much as I do now. Their reaction gave me another motivation boost. I want to make them proud. I want to make Hubby proud. I want to make Douglas proud. Most of all, I want to make myself proud.

All in all, I thought I did pretty well considering how much I love chicken wings, meatballs and cocktail franks (wrapped in bacon and smothered in sauce, mmmmm). It was so good to spend time with Hubby's side of the family as we don't see them often. I will see them again soon though, as this big city girl has a date with an airboat. YeeeeeHaaaaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment