Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Dreaded Meal Plan


Yesterday, I met with Douglas, my trainer at AnyTime Fitness. We talked about my goals and eating habits. Things went well until I showed him my food journal for the past 3 weeks. I pretty much got an "F." Those darn Fruity Pebbles and Frosted Flakes! When I asked him if I could at least eat the 1/4 Firehouse chicken salad sub on whole wheat that I had in the car, he said, "NO, throw it out."

Poor sub, it was all tucked in a lunch box with 2 coolie packs around it to keep it cold, patiently awaiting my return. I gave it to Kelly when I got home, she and the sub were very happy.

One of the best things Douglas talked to me about was not only getting myself healthy, but my kids as well (Hubby refuses to participate and he's a bit too old to be put in time out for not eating his veggies). I told my 11 year old daughter, Reyna, that Douglas said we all needed to eat healthier. Her response, "He's not my dad and can't tell me what to eat." Welcome to the world of raising a tween. The full blown teen’s response was, "Yeah, ok, whatever. So, anyway, blah blah blah, blah blah blah."

So, I not so anxiously awaited my meal plan last night. In the meantime, Douglas sent me to his girlfriend Brittany's Boot Camp. First, I got lost, which is typical of me whenever I venture into downtown Tampa. Then, I quickly fell to the back of our small group of 5 while jogging to our stretch point. Trying to step onto the 3 foot high benches… well, let's just say that after one set Brittany said, "If you need to, you can tap your other foot on the bench instead of lifting your knee all the way up."

The stairs killed me, especially when we bunny hopped up them...Three Times! Well, not me, the rest of the group did. I walked around at the bottom waiting for them to finish.

I didn't do too badly with the push-ups and pull-ups but by this time my forehead was on fire! I decided to try her class again in a month. Maybe by then, the stairs won't scare me so much. I have to say, Brittany did an excellent job of keeping everyone motivated and not drawing too much attention to this Couch Potato Mom.

When we finished, I got into my bus, rolled the windows down, spent 5 minutes making 200 turns to find South 275 (I think someone was having fun when they placed the signs), and made my way home. As soon as I walked through the door, Hubby sent me back out to get him a Firehouse sub – not cool! But, being the good wife I am, I did it. Then I took a well deserved bubble bath and crashed instantly into a deep sleep.

Until midnight.

Carson, my 4 year old son, woke me up for a reason I really don't remember. Since I was up, I decided to check my email although I should have just gone back to sleep. This is what I'm supposed to eat for the next 3 months as well as completing 3 hard core 30 minute cardio sessions every day:


Group A- Proteins
egg whites (2), 4 oz hormone free turkey breast, 4 oz wild caught white fish, 1 medium free-range chicken breast, 4oz hormone free round steak, 1/2 can wild caught tuna, 1/2 scoop natural whey isolate protein powder, 4 oz hormone free London broil, 4 oz hormone free lean ground beef (4%), 4 oz ostrich (where the hell am I supposed to find ostrich?)
Group B Complex Carbs (organic)
plain old-fashioned oat meal 1/2 c cooked, 1/2 large sweet potato, 1/2 c cooked brown rice, 1/2 c cooked white rice (post workout only)
Group c- Simple Carbs (organic)
1/2 serving size
small apple, strawberries, black berries, blueberries, cherries, cantaloupe, oranges, raspberries
Group D- fibrous Carbs (organic)
serving size 1 cup
asparagus, brussels sprouts, cabbage, celery, squash, mushroom, peppers, okra, onions, broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, collards, zucchini, wheat grass


Meal 1 choose 1 each from group A,B,C
Meal 2 group A
Meal 3 groups A,B,D
Meal 4 group A
Meal five groups A,D
Meal 6 group A
Total Caloric intake
Protein-250
Carbs-500
Fat- 90
Total-840


Douglas wants my fat percentage down from 28% to 17%. My original weight loss goal was 115 pounds but he took it down to around 105 pounds. So, just for fun I made myself a new goal. For some odd reason, I kept the dress I wore to my high school graduation (I found it recently while scavenging in our shed). My goal is to fit back into it! How cool will that be? Right now, I can only button the middle button. We will see how many I can button in 3 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment