Wednesday, August 19, 2009

But I don't wanna go to kindergarten!


My five year old son Carson doesn't want to go to kindergarten. He won't say why, just that he doesn't want to go. We've tried telling him how much fun he'll have, all the new friends he'll make, and the wonderful things he'll learn. Nope. Still doesn't want to go.

A few days ago he told me he wanted to go to his uncle's fire station instead of going to kindergarten. The day before that, he said he wanted to go to fire school instead of going to kindergarten. Hmmm, wonder who his hero is? Thankfully, my Uncle Mike explained to Carson that all firefighters had to go to kindergarten before they went to fire school. He seemed to buy that.

We have yet to tell Carson that on Monday, the day before school starts that he has to get four shots. I can imagine how well that's going to go over. This is the kid who let the dentist numb his mouth and then refused to let him fix his tooth.


For any other parents going through a similar situation, here's how we got our son more interested in school. I took him to Target and let him pick out whatever backpack and lunch box he wanted. He chose Transformers for both... even though he's never seen the movie. At Payless, since it was buy one get one 1/2 off I let him choose two new pair of shoes. He chose Transformers and G.I. Joe...even though he's never seen the movies. Are boys just drawn to shoot ‘em up movies? Regardless, he's a little more excited about going to school. Especially after I took him to get a haircut and the barber told him he was ready to make the little girls go crazy!


Carson also got a kick out of me reading him these kindergarten jokes/funny stories:

Summer vacation was over and Little Johnny returned back to school.
Only two days later his teacher phoned his mother to tell her that he was misbehaving.
"Wait a minute," she said. "I had Johnny with me for three months and I never called you once when he misbehaved!"
________________________________________________________________

A little girl came home from school and said to her mother, "Mommy, today in school I was punished for something that I didn't do."
The mother exclaimed, "But that's terrible! I'm going to have a talk with your teacher about this ... by the way, what was it that you didn't do?"
The little girl replied, "My homework."
___________________________________________________________

The children were lined up in the cafeteria of a Catholic elementary school for lunch. At the head of the table was a large pile of apples. The nun made a note, and posted on the apple tray: "Take only ONE. God is watching."
Moving further along the lunch line, at the other end of the table was a large pile of chocolate chip cookies. A child had written a note, "Take all you want. God is watching the apples."
______________________________________________________________

Teacher: Why are you late, Joseph?
Joseph: Because of a sign down the road.
Teacher: What does a sign have to do with your being late?
Joseph: The sign said, "School Ahead, Go Slow!"
______________________________________________________________

The child comes home from his first day at school. Mother asks, "What did you learn today?"
The kid replies, "Not enough. I have to go back tomorrow."
_______________________________________________________________
Little Johnny wasn't getting good marks in school. One day he surprised the teacher with an announcement. He tapped her on the shoulder and said, "I don't want to scare you, but my daddy says if I don't start getting better grades, somebody is going to get a spanking!"
_______________________________________________________________

A Kindergarten teacher was observing her classroom of children while they were drawing. She would occasionally walk around to see each child's work. As she got to one little girl who was working diligently, she asked what the drawing was. The girl replied, "I'm drawing God."
The teacher paused and said, "But no one knows what God looks like."
Without missing a beat, or looking up from her drawing, the girl replied, "They will in a minute."


http://www.broadcaster.org.uk/section2/jokes/schooljokes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment