Monday, August 3, 2009

Gilette Fusion vs Schick Quattro Titanium Product Review

Yes, I'm fully aware that these are men's razors but I'm the one that requests the freebies and checks the mail so I get to tryout everything.

The first thing I did after I opened the packages was laid the two razors side by side to compare the design. The handles are pretty close in terms of size and shape and both are easy to hold. Both blades were really simple to change as well. Simply press the button to pop the old one off then place the handle in the new one and pull it out of the plastic case. Both razors had moisture strips, too. These usually go away after only a couple of uses so I've never paid much attention to that feature. That was pretty much where the similarities ended.

I don't have a mustache or beard (thankfully) so I tested both razors out on my legs, and no you don't get pics of them. I probably should have done the test blind folded since I've been a Gillette user for sixteen years, but shaving while not looking may have resulted in a product review for Band-Aid vs Nexcare bandages. I used Caress Evenly Gorgeous body wash with a loofah to exfoliate before shaving. Exfoliating the dead skin cells before shaving allows for a closer shave....and sexier legs (or face).

Left leg, meet Schick Quattro. I lathered up with shaving cream and prepared to use the Quattro. It felt smooth but reminded me a little bit of the days when I used disposable razors. I was a little nervous gliding over the sensitive knee area but it did pretty well – no nicks or cuts! I only had to do a once over which was nice. When using cheaper or disposable razors I usually have to go over some areas two or three times to get a smooth result. The Schick Quattro was a decent razor with a decent shave. Nothing spectacular.

Right leg, meet Gillette Fusion. I've used Gillette's women's line after borrowing Hubby's razor shortly after we got married and am always anxious to try out their new products. I've used the Gillette Fusion for about a year but wanted to try it against Schick's Quattro. I lathered up and started shaving. The biggest difference I noticed was the flexible blades on the Fusion. I wasn't nervous at all when it got to shaving my knees which is the big nick zone for women. I wasn't sure how much of a difference the extra blade on the Fusion would make against the Quattro's four blades but in my opinion there was definitely a difference. Again, I only had to go over once.

The final test was to have Hubby check to see which leg was smoother. He didn't know which razor was used on which leg so the 'test' was completely unbiased. Gillette Fusion won hands down over Schick Quattro. Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to do an important test, Hubby!

By itself Schick Quattro is a great razor. In my opinion, they've always been a step or two behind Gillette's technology but seem to be doing fairly well compared to other brands. Comparing the Quattro next to the Fusion, however, it falls short. The extra blade combined with the flexibility makes the Fusion a much better razor.

One other important comparison is the price for which I chose Walgreen's. The Schick Quattro Titanium is $9.49 and refills are $12.50 for four cartridges. Gillette's Fusion is $9.99 and refills are $23.00 for eight cartridges. Both are a little pricey but for a few cents more, to use the Fusion for ultra smooth legs it's definitely worth it! Here's a little bargain tip I just discovered while researching prices. By joining http://www.afullcup.com/search you can find hundreds of coupons including some great discounts on Gillette and Schick products. I signed up very quickly!

I'm grateful for both companies for supplying me with free products to try. I love to stay on top of what's new for several different companies. I look forward to trying new razors from both companies in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Not sure if you've ever looked at cartridge prices on Amazon- but they are by far the lowest, at least for the Gillette Venus cartridges I use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, but I'll check that out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete