Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Lighten Up People!

Here's the link to my last post: I think I spend too much time on the computer

It was meant to be humorous but some people took it a little too seriously. It makes me feel good to have complete strangers care about my well being, though.


I received this comment on
RMS Snowdrop:
Anonymous said...

There have been messy houses long before computers. The question is if you didn’t have a computer would you be cleaning house, or would you be watching TV, reading, or anything else to avoid cleaning house? I think identifying whether the computer or the cleaning is the issue is the first step to solving your dilemma and becoming a productive member of society again.

And this one on BloggersBase.com:

I have the same feeling, we are becoming internet addicts without noticing, as is funny and at the same time easier than going out and running around the block, something our health will thank us in the near future. You should make an effort and exercise. If you get sick there will be no time for the internet. Also, you are losing the chance of socializing with others face to face, this is not healthy for your psicho either. And do not think many people do it, many people do drugs and that is wrong


I am not psycho and I don't do drugs....ok, I do but only because for some stu
pid reason people consider alcohol a drug. Obviously these two people are new to RMS Snowdrop and haven't been along for the voyage of me becoming Sexy by Summer (you are both forgiven ). I hope you enjoyed my last post enough to go back and see all the different ports we've docked at (you like those ship references dontcha?).

I would post a video of me exercising but I'd hate to push my friend Ted to 2nd place in the Humor category on BloggersBase. Yes, it would be that funny. There's a reason I've gained back a few pounds since having my kids home for summer break. Teens really don't want to see mom shimmying, go-going, shakin' hips, or booty dancing. I know this because they told me. Love you, too....brats.

So, to those who are picturing a 400 lb woman sitting at a computer desk with fat drooling over the sides of a chair in a house full of take out containers and pizza boxes, relax. I'm a very active mom who did two loads of laundry, a load of dishes, and scrubbed popsicle off the counter all before touching my computer this morning. I haven't been off of it since but at least I got a few things done first. (kidding....sort of) I took a nap, shhhhh.


For everyone else who already knows I'm a hot little mamma,
here are some Finds From the Web to keep you lauging....after all LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE...and much more fun than exercising:

From the eloquent queen of comedy,
Ellen DeGeneres:

I don't understand the sizes anymore. There's a size zero, which I didn't even know that they had. It must stand for: 'Ohhh my God, you're thin.'


My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.


In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better.


Lighten up people....remember
Hot Dogs Cause Cancer.


Go ahead and laugh, it's ok that your co-workers will think you're insane.


No smiley faces were injured in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment