Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sexier by Halloween


I just realized that I never posted about my day of pampering after winning the Sexy by Summer contest that I won in June. I'll get that out after I finish this post.

Halloween is fast approaching once again. I remember last year at this time wanting to lose weight and tone up to look hot and sexy in my Angel costume. I kept thinking I had time and was disappointed in myself when I was finishing the final touches on my costume Halloween night knowing I'd done nothing to look how I wanted to in it. I'm not allowing that to happen this year.


Since winning Sexy by Summer I've not done much exercising at all. I'm afraid to get on the scale. With my four ki
ds home all summer it was difficult to make the time to exercise. I say "make" instead of "find" because I had plenty of time- no need to find it. I simply chose not to make time. I did keep myself busy enough to keep most of the 24 pounds off that I'd lost, I hope.

Now that three of my four are in school I can pull out my Core Rhythms, Crunch Go Go Dance, and my new Buns of Steel DVD's. I can pull up my favorite youtube mini workout clips and Fitness Magazine toning sessions. I can bounce on my stability ball while blogging and jam to my iPod while doing dishes and laundry. I'll play Shimmy, All Star Workouts, and Namaste on the DVR. Why couldn't I do this during the summer? The main reason was because we were very busy. Between camps, play dates, trying to stay on top of the messes a
family of six makes there wasn't much energy left for exercising. The other reason is my older kids really don't want to see mommy shakin' what her mamma gave her.

So, here we go again! I was going to call this Sexy by Halloween but Hubby corrected me by saying, "Sexier by Halloween." What a wonderful spouse I have.

This time there are no big prizes, no ma
ke overs, no shopping sprees. This time it's just me and my desire to look amazing in my Halloween costume this year. Look for an starting point bathing suit picture coming soon! I was hoping to have the final picture shortly after winning Sexy by Summer but, well, I got lazy. So hopefully in the next several weeks I'll be able to put on and be happy in my new bathing suit. Until then, we're stuck with the itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini!

I'll do my best to post what exercises I do for anyone who wants to join me. I'm ignoring the "I should eat healthier, too" part of losing weight for the time being. But, don't yell at me if I forget or get delayed- those of you who have been following me for a while should be used to my A
DD ways.

Let's do this shit!......again.

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! I started a diet challenge with a group from MLM for Spring Hill Mammas. I've allready lost ten pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. 10 pounds? That's fantastic! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete