Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Gummy Bear Song....Part II



OMG! I'm so excited. Some anonymous person left a comment on my The Gummy Bear Song on BloggersBase.com:

"ok but this isnt the question people have for you. there not concerned whether ur daughter can be on youtube. were looking for a
n article explaing WHO MADE UP the song. not people who search the song"


The Gummy Bear Song - Long English Version

Apparently they were Googling The Gummy Bear Song and stumbled upon
my blog post. But that's not what I'm excited about. I Googled it myself to see if I could find the answer, because I'm such a nice blogger. I was shocked to see my post was listed on the SECOND PAGE! Wahhooo! I'm so proud.

I was excited and ran into to tell my 12 year old and her friend (who found the song in the first place) to Google it. They were proud! My 15 year old didn't have the same reaction, though. She was less than enthusiastic so I called her a dork for not being excited that her mom was on page two of Google for the dumbest post she ever wrote. As I closed the door I heard, "And you think I'm a dork?" Ahhh, how I love my kids.

So for those of you in search of who "MADE UP" the song, here you go – courtesy of Wikipedia which is currently on page one if anonymous had been paying attention:

I am Your Gummy Bear (The Gummy Bear Song)" is a novelty dance song by German composer Christian Schneider and released by Gummybear International that received international and internet meme success, in part, due to its corresponding 30-second video clip. The song has since been released in at least seven languages and has virally spread worldwide with more than 150 million plays of the corresponding videos on YouTube and MySpace. With the song ready-made for ringtone use one critic commented "he's the ultimate cross-platform, cross-cultural phenomenon YouTube was designed to unleash."

Here's the link where the original The Gummy Bear Song post came from. I'd be even more proud if it was RMS Snowdrop on page two but I'll take what I can get. Thanks to everyone on both websites for reading my posts! Keep it up!

Yes, now I've written two posts on this stupid but extremely silly song.

For you die hard Gummy Bear fans, here's their website: Gummibar

and you can follow them along with RMS Snowdrop on Twitter imagummybear

No comments:

Post a Comment